Please REPORT the file if you notice something deleted/unavailable for download.

for those who make their own avatars..

Kaylakat02

I've been editing avatars since like early march 2021, only did stuff like basic retextures really

I've never made my own avatar fully from scratch, but I have done heavy edits to them, mostly stuff like clothing.
When you first start just the whole unity side of it might seem a little scary, but once you get the hang of it, it gets pretty simple to do

Blender is pretty annoying and cause it seems to change a bit with each version, searching stuff gets annoying. but like with unity once you understand it, it isn't too hard.

weight painting is what i'm hating atm lmao. I also still use blender 2.83 cause most tutorials seem to use it a lot

I'd recommend these videos to help (It's what I used to learn editing):

VRCSDK 3.0 Toggles

Really nice playlist to get started with

If you do need help with anything unity based I can always help you with it, just let me know

1 hour ago, Spyderiali said:

I've been editing avatars since like early march 2021, only did stuff like basic retextures really

I've never made my own avatar fully from scratch, but I have done heavy edits to them, mostly stuff like clothing.
When you first start just the whole unity side of it might seem a little scary, but once you get the hang of it, it gets pretty simple to do

Blender is pretty annoying and cause it seems to change a bit with each version, searching stuff gets annoying. but like with unity once you understand it, it isn't too hard.

weight painting is what i'm hating atm lmao. I also still use blender 2.83 cause most tutorials seem to use it a lot

I'd recommend these videos to help (It's what I used to learn editing):

VRCSDK 3.0 Toggles

Really nice playlist to get started with

If you do need help with anything unity based I can always help you with it, just let me know

hey thanks for the reply!

I agree with what you said about Blender.. with my experience it can be pretty annoying but it just seems like something you have to deal with :/ 

everyone seems to talk about how much they hate weight painting so it's something i've been trying to ignore for now loll 

but i'll check out those videos and i'll definitely come to you when I need unity help at some point because it is so overwhelming lmao

^-^

• 3 months later...

I've been trying to figure out Avis and the SDK3 and unity since like january, i think xD

I've uploaded 2 so far, one just a test though to prove I could. and the other was a semi custom model I just headhacked and body edited pretty heavily in blender. She was cutely dressed, but I really need to figure out materials cause some bits that were supposed to be transparent werent and also vice versa xD Her eyes were also bit jank. iunno what happened in there, but looked like a face bone or viseme was pulling the eyelid in. soooo derp! lmao.  I love "shopping" and thinking about styles and add ons, but I didn't fully understand the menu logic back then though. I've been watching tutorials out the wazoo though and am slowly grasping the process bit by bit. I have some complex ideas for what I want to be able to do, so gotta keep sludging through. I currently have 3... no 4! avis in unity that aren't perfect, but I liked some bit about them (had to be sdk3 related though, i'm trying to force myself to stop asset shopping xD). Now, I'm breaking unity in one instance as I deconstruct them bit by bit and frankenstein everything into what I'd ideally like to see on my finished custom model. I keep clicking until I understand what unity is trying to tell me xD

Been really helping me to follow some NSFW 3D render artists on twitter and in discord. They're so laid back and constanty posting about the struggles and good fixes. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived