Please REPORT the file if you notice something deleted/unavailable for download.

UV Mapping + Texturing Help

jlusty

I've tried many times to learn UV Mapping and Texturing and come to a realisation that i'm an idiot. If there's any simple tutorials on this that you can share, or a simple explanation that'd be great. Currently I only use blender, however I've been told blender is terrible for UV mapping and texturing. If there's a free program I should use for this that isn't blender, please also share the name of that. I'd like to make a good avatar, not just one that is "good enough"

I'd also like help with shaders and materials, and general unity stuff but that'll have to wait till I finish creating my avatar first... haha...

1 hour ago, jlusty said:

I've tried many times to learn UV Mapping and Texturing and come to a realisation that i'm an idiot. If there's any simple tutorials on this that you can share, or a simple explanation that'd be great.

Theres alot of ways to work with UVs, personally i map stuff in blender and i'll work on the texture in substance painter or another workflow similar software, There aren't meny softwares that I know of myself that are free, Take a peek into the software section here
 and see which works for you.

My suggestion is don't set your standard too high for your first avatar, Toy around, learn a bunch, and then move up slowly so you can adapt and learn quicker!

spacer.png

5 hours ago, MinerSpark said:

Theres alot of ways to work with UVs, personally i map stuff in blender and i'll work on the texture in substance painter or another workflow similar software, There aren't meny softwares that I know of myself that are free, Take a peek into the software section here
 and see which works for you.

My suggestion is don't set your standard too high for your first avatar, Toy around, learn a bunch, and then move up slowly so you can adapt and learn quicker!

Ah... I feel like, there's little point in putting in all this effort if it's going to end up looking like shit in the end... Like, I try my hardest to make things look nice and do things well, so rather then making a "crappy avatar" and being like "ill get better" i'd like to pour my effort into one, amazing avatar, and edit it as needed. Also thanks alot for the help leading me to the software section, hopefully i get some results...

12 hours ago, jlusty said:

Ah... I feel like, there's little point in putting in all this effort if it's going to end up looking like shit in the end... Like, I try my hardest to make things look nice and do things well, so rather then making a "crappy avatar" and being like "ill get better" i'd like to pour my effort into one, amazing avatar, and edit it as needed. Also thanks alot for the help leading me to the software section, hopefully i get some results...

Try your best :D

I still suggest just try alot of small things rather then going big because you'll learn more from mistakes or errors from smaller projects then 1 big one, but everyone learns differently! :D

spacer.png

Archived